Pages

Monday, December 30, 2013

Pacific Northwest

Christmas this year was a little different. For as long as I can remember, Christmas has been twinkling lights, Santa cookies, stuffed stockings, breakfast burritos, and crab legs. But after years of traveling to enjoy the holidays, Miles and I decided to take a break from traditions and the hustle and bustle for a week away alone clear across the other side of the country.

We chose Seattle because we wanted to fly someplace where we could take advantage of Miles' Southwest Points and Elite status. We have been talking about visiting for a few years and this trip felt like the time to go even though we were warned that Seattle at this time of year is dreary and cold.

To say that we fell in love with Seattle is an understatement. The city immediately felt like home and I was shocked by just how nice everyone was! I'm not sure what I was thinking-- I've never really heard of west coast snobs-- but I kept remarking over and over just how friendly everyone was. It must be all of the coffee they drink! More importantly though, we fit in. Miles and I love big cities, but we also love the outdoors. The Pacific Northwest is the perfect blend of the two. Here is a sneak peek from our trip!






3 comments:

  1. Oh my how wonderful!!! I hope you guys have had fantastic Christmas and today's New Year is going to smash 2013 to pieces! :D You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If this was a sneak peek, I can't wait to see the rest! I'm happy you two had a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of taking a trip over Christmas! I'm a huge fan of tradition, but trying to keep up with my family's traditions and Tony's family's is making me want to escape and try something new. Seattle looks fantastic! I'm so glad you had such a lovely holiday. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete