Pages

Saturday, March 22, 2014

On friendship

About a year ago, Miles and I put down the deposit for our rental house. I began yet another job application and our apartment became a littered mess of boxes and newspapers. We were about to uproot ourselves from Atlanta to Knoxville and it was slightly terrifying... for me, anyway. 

For Miles, graduate school gives you built in friends and support system, but for me-- the wife and outsider-- I had to actually find friends. And let's be honest, the older you get, the harder it is. I was nervous coming to Knoxville that I would be lonely again because it is so hard to break into Knoxville "everyone knows everyone" friendships. 

Instead,

I've been shocked. Life has happened. I was worried that I wouldn't have friends-- a group of girls to relax with-- and it turns out that I was worrying about nothing! I have dinner friends, walking friends, friends that I should really see more of, and even geology friends. It turned out that I wasn't starting all over... I was picking up right where I left off... And it's been a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment