Pages

Sunday, April 20, 2014

#WBN2014


Everyone knows I love books, so when I learned of World Book Night, I immediately added my name to the email list so I would know when to apply. That was this this time last year! Last fall, I applied and earlier this year, I was selected. Yesterday, I picked up my box and on April 23, I get to play Book Fairy and pass out 20 copies of Hoot by Carl Hiaasen. Basically, World Book Night hopes everyone will go home tonight and read. Not sit at home and binge-watch Breaking Bad... but read. A book. An actual book. Will you join me?


Side note: I've been reading a lot this year, but I haven't been telling you. I'm not sure anyone has noticed or even cares! Mostly, I'm reading mysteries, but I did just start Eleanor and Park. You can friend me on GoodReads!

Side note 2: Does anyone else think of Shakespeare when writing April 23? No? Just me?

2 comments:

  1. i always love hearing what you're reading!! my sister just recommended eleanor & park to me after i saw it at target and i look forward to reading it whenever my name comes up for it at the library. she also suggested i read one of that author's other books, i think it's called attachments? i just read the selection (a YA dystopian series) and now i'm trying to read longbourn by jo baker but i'm having trouble getting into it.

    you'll have to fill me in on what shakespeare has to do with april 23!

    ~heidi
    literate & stylish

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started reading Eleanor & Park too! So many of the kids in the youth program I run have recommended it to me, and I love chatting about books with them, so I just picked it up from the library the other day. Can't wait to hear what you think!

    ReplyDelete