For the majority of my childhood, my cousins and I tried to get my grandfather into new frames. He wore black horn rimmed for 40 years or so. Yeah. They were his style... Then about 10 years or so before he died, he gave up his signature look for wire rims.
When I went to Target a couple of weeks ago for my eye check up, I put on a pair of tortoise horn rimmed glasses as a joke--- and was surprised by how much I really liked them! I was even more surprised that Miles liked them, too, because frankly, they're pretty nerdy. I ended up ditching the pair I had already picked out... and couldn't help thinking how things have a way of coming back to us. Love you, Grandpa.


oh, i loved this post so much! such a sweet sentiment and nod to your grandfather - and i think you look pretty darn good in those frames as well!
ReplyDelete