Pages

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Olympic NP

On our final full day in Washington, we decided to visit Olympic. Only it was cold. And raining. I should have known our beautiful weather would come back to get us! We tried to see the mountains, but true to typical PNW weather, it was foggy. So, we headed out to the coast to get our first glimpse of the West Coast.

The drive was long and wet, but I was so excited to see the Pacific Ocean! I think this was (one of) Miles' highlights. He got to look at rocks and driftwood and prance around like a child. Word of advice, if you do decide to visit the west coast via Olympic and you want to visit Forks, WA from Twilight, make sure you are either a) prepared for teeny tiny mom and pop eateries or b) pack a lunch. While we did find a good burger drive in type place, next time (and yes, there will be a next time) we'll pack something.













No comments:

Post a Comment