Pages

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Vacation: Acadia NP

Acadia was our Maine destination for this vacation (haha, get it?). When I planned it, I spent hours searching campsite recommendations, distance, and what to do. I wanted the trip to be both adventurous and relaxing; however, I also needed to watch our budget since we have another big trip coming up in a few weeks.

In the end, I'm really happy we made the decision to camp. We cooked breakfast in the mornings (breakfast burritos!) and packed sack lunched to take with us on our hikes. For dinner, we did a combination of grilling and eating out. Remember, we wanted to relax, but we also wanted to watch our spending.

Even though we were camping, we had access to showers and bathrooms. I like to camp, but I do not like to stink!

I loved (love love loved) my time in Bar Harbor and Acadia. It was (hands down) one of the best vacations of my life and if Miles were to ever be offered a job in the Acadia area, I would be on the first flight north. It's a little like Mackinac Island (a dream of mine), but with cars. Oh, I wanna go back!
















No comments:

Post a Comment